- Getting to the start:
- Most walks have a starting point accessible by public transport from Sheffield. A few are "car rambles" from a specified parking place. Walks may return to their starting point "round walks" or are A to B walks "linear walks".
- Walk details, starting point and travel information are published in our twice-yearly walks programme (free to members) and also appear weekly in the Sheffield Star evening newspaper.
- Much though we love dogs, please leave yours at home, dogs are not permitted on any of our club walks, sorry!
- What to bring:
- Boots are best at all times of the year, and rainproofs may be needed at any time. Bring warm clothing in winter. Plus walks may require good quality equipment.
- Please bring sufficient food and drink for the day.
- All our walks are peer-led (not professionally guided). Walking, whilst being a relatively safe pursuit, is not without its risks so walkers are expected to remain alert and retain responsibility for their own safety and wellbeing.